Finding a high quality and functioning toilet is crucial for home hygiene. You should never compromise comfort on the altar of low-quality options. So, what are the best Toto toilets on the market? Keep reading as we unveil the right facts to support your decisions. Toto is a Japanese brand, which is among the leading innovations in the market. The brands have an elaborate plumbing system. The CeFioNtect glaze technology keeps the toilet debris-free. Furthermore, it prevents mold growth. More importantly, Toto has ADA and EPA-compliant designs. You should not drown in the confusion when you encounter hundreds of choices on the market shelves. We narrowed your choices down to 6 main products. Here, in this piece, we will be sharing the right tips to assist you in locating the right Toto toilet for you. We believe this write-up with being resourceful in improving your decision-making process. Let’s dig in:
Latest posts by HomeWater Works Team (see all)
- Kohler Highline vs Cimarron: Which Toilet Design Is Better? - March 20, 2021
- Elkay Sinks Review: Which Model Is Best for Your Kitchen? - March 15, 2021
- Cal Faucets Review: Which Design Suits Best Your Space? - March 15, 2021
Factors to Consider when buying the best Toto ToiletMany people find it challenging to acquire the right Toto toilet since they lack adequate facts before going to the market. In this section, we will provide the needed details that you require to land the right product to meet your needs. Having a clue of the best features of a Toto toilet gives you an edge. Several models flood the marketing, thereby causing buyers to drone into the sea of confusion. Without much ado, pay attention to the following elements:
Size and ShapeToto toilets come in multiple sizes and shapes. You must ensure that you acquire the right option to fit into your bathroom space. Here are different shapes in this category.
ElongatedSuch a shape favors a relatively narrow space. Such toilets have D-shaped bowls that may not be as wide as round. They are perfect choices if you have tight spaces.
RoundRound bowls are suitable if the bathroom has vast space. The design is usually short and round, making it a perfect fit for the compact toilet.
D-shapeThe D-shaped bowl will work for all environments. Such a shape is relatively compact yet elongated. Beyond that, it is the right option for multiple bathroom setups.
Water Consumption and Flushing SystemDifferent flushing systems feature varying water consumption. We measure the used amount of water per gallons per flush (GPF).
- Dual Max: It gives one the option of choosing the amount of water to use per every flush by pushing the button. For example, you can select 0.9 gallons per flush or 1.6 GPF as per your needs.
- Double Cyclone: This flushing system involves gravity and centrifugal force to provide flushing power. It requires 1.28 gallons for each flush.
- Tornado Flush: It is a powerful flushing system that uses 1.28 gallons per flush. It uses two nozzles to create a centrifugal rising.
- E-Max: Such a system uses 1.29 gallons per flush.
Style and DesignToto comes in multiple styles and designs to meet the demands of different users. For instance, you can opt for a modern toilet to fit your modern home. Most of the modern toilets have a space-saving and sleek design. If you want to recapture a past design since you have an older home, then you should settle for a classically designed option for you. Notably, you can choose transitional toilets which combine features of both modern and classical design. It will be the right fit for any home preferences.
Type and ConfigurationToto toilets manifest in two configurations. They can either be one or two-piece.
One-PieceOne-piece can be the correct option for you if you prefer a sleek design. Aesthetically, it has a pleasing look to enhance the bathroom design. One-piece models are shorter and more pricey than the two-piece models. One thing for sure is that this model is easier to clean.
Two-PieceThe two-piece toilet is popular due to the money-saving design. It is not sleek and trim, but it has a taller tank to provide convenient flushing power.
InnovationsToto toilets have cool features that improve your bathroom experience. For instance, the toilets use CeFiONtect Glaze, which keeps the ceramic surface free of mold and debris. Also, some models have a self-cleaning design which saves one from doing it. Some models come with a remote control to manage different toilet functions like turning on and off lights, heated seats, and controlling the flushing. Also, there is an odor eliminator to take away odors that come from the bathroom. The heated seat comes in handy during the winter season to make it more pleasant. The automatic lid will open and close automatically. The automatic flush assists in keeping your hands clean after you finish using your restroom.
InstallationOne ought to be careful when choosing to install the toilet. Firstly, one needs to know the age of the house since the older home requires a particular installation method. Suppose it is a newer home, it will require varying installation methods.
PricingYou should select the toilet that fits into your budget with the desired features. If the toilet has more features, it will command higher prices. Have a clue about the price range to minimize your search time.
Best Toto ToiletsIf you are looking for a unique and luxurious Toto toilet, then it is hard to overlook Toto Carlyle. Besides, it has a curvy bowl that the designer attached to the vertical cistern. The skirted bowl has concealed bolts. Another exciting feature is this electric toilet has a great deal of wiring to prevent the electrocution hazard. Precisely, the designer looped cords and plugs via the toilet lid before linking to the wall outlet discreetly. At a glance, there are no visible cables at the back or on the rim. The manufacturer concealed cabling behind a curvy bowl. Furthermore, the toilet promotes hygiene at a greater level by using electrolyzed water to flush. The e-Water is ideal for pre-misting before number 2s. Interestingly, it post-mists 25 seconds after you flush and later it inter-mists after eight idle hours. The Toto toilet enjoys a ceramic glaze that reduces friction. As such, the residue will not stick to the toilet. The misting aspect lubricates and disinfects the bowl. The two combine to reduce the stain potential to less than 20%. The electrolyzed tap water will enter the bowl without adding harsh or toxic chemicals. The water remains electrolyzed for at least two hours to avoid side effects. Meanwhile, you can use it for back and front wash. Still, one can set the water to five temperature options. The heating tech conserves energy as it is instant. The water warms up while in the spout, unlike the tank thereby using less power to heat up. One can still involve the remote control to select the temperature and the water speed. The e-Water will sanitize your retractable wand as you finish rinsing and drying automatically. Last but not least, this Toto toilet has a seat warmer and a deodorizer. The presence of the Wonderwave air bubbles will control wand pressure. Such automated muscle makes your toilet worth the top dollar.
- The three automatic misting options will ensure the toilet remains cleaner for a longer duration.
- Concealed wiring reduces the danger of electrical accidents.
- The Wonderware increases the pressure of the wand to promote bodily hygiene.
- Instantaneous water heating ensures the consistency of warm water.
- It comes with premium pricing.
- The toilet does not consume much horizontal and vertical space.
- The electrolyzed water increases extra germ-fighting power.
- It is contemporary and beautifully stylish.
- The product enjoys three modes of washlet cleansing.
- You can use a remote control to manage its functions.
- Requires electricity to function.
- The sleek design promotes the aesthetics of your toilet.
- The SanaGloss coating prevents any accumulation of dirt.
- The flushing consumes water optimally.
- The toilet is compatible as it has a standard rough-in and convenient height.
- The elongated style accommodates a variety of users.
- The flushing system creates some noise
- It is a two-piece toilet unit that makes it less complicated while installing.
- It has a rugged, flushing system that is fast and efficient.
- The toilet is available in white color to promote your bathroom style themes.
- The tramway has some glazing to make it cleaner.
- It is an affordable option when you are operating on a budget.
- It has higher water consumption than other models
- The light flush uses less than one gallon, which conserves water.
- It has multiple color shades such as white, black, bone, and beige.
- The product has great aesthetics.
- It has dual flush options using a chrome push button.
- It has an elongated skirt with universal height.
- You will pay more for the slow-closing toilet seat.
- The double cyclone flushing design cleans the toilet properly.
- It is a quiet toilet option, thanks to SoftClose technology.
- The one-piece design makes cleaning of this toilet easier.
- Each flush prevents water wastage.
- It is a budget-friendly toilet option.
- None so far
Question: What is the average lifespan of a Toto Toilet?
Answer: Usually, a Toto toilet will last for 10 to 12 years. However, you will have to perform regular maintenance every two or three years. These pricy toilets last longer than other brand models in the market.
Question: Is Toto Washlet sanitary?
Answer: It has electrolyzed water featuring antibacterial properties. It is environmentally-safe hence one can still recycle it. Toto utilizes e-Water for spraying the bowl with anti-bacterial water. It also cleans the wand jet after using it.
Question: Does Toto Washlet require hot water?
Answer: Yes, Toto requires hot water. Washlet happens to be highly advanced systems that promote comfort and hygiene. It uses a water cleansing system that leaves the user rejuvenated and fresh. The washlet involves a warm water nozzle to control it in oscillating and pulsating mode.
Question: How do you dry when using a bidet?
Answer: If the system has a dry button provision, press it to dry the area. Suppose it is a traditional bidet, you can use a towel or toilet paper to dry it. It is more hygienic and safe to use a paper towel.